Office 365 Engineer
Solid experience with implementing, troubleshooting and supporting Office 365. 3 years solid experience in the preparations for, and execution of, mailbox migrations to Exchange OL. Solid experience working with Exchange earlier than Exchange OL extremely valuable. Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and a minimum of 3 years' experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Requires solid communication and negotiation skills. General knowledge of business operations required. General knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Provides centralized technical O365 systems administration, preparation leadership for Exchange mailbox migration planning as well as actual migrations to Exchange OL, ongoing operational support and problem resolution throughout all these activities. (In this role, the candidate may not be performing the technical tasks (exception is troubleshooting), instead facilitating and supporting the performance of these tasks by others.) Receives general supervision and is competent in most phases of systems administration, requiring only general direction for the balance of activities. Organization skills, along with the ability to multi-task, are requirements to be successful.
1. Applies solid technical hardware/software experience, expertise in Windows environments, and demonstrated O365 knowledge and experience to mailbox migrations in working with and advising 7 different IT Country Teams. Serves as technical liaison between IT Country Teams (the customers) and LM Technical Services (the vendor) that delivers the O365 migrations and solutions
2. Attends and contributes to numerous planning and execution meetings (huddles; delivery team meetings; hosting services meetings; and regular meetings with the 7 in-country teams).
3. Demonstrates strong experience and knowledge with Active Directory preparation & cleanup, AD Connect, Azure AD and synchronization of local AD accounts to AAD. Capable of providing technical support as needed to both customers and vendor.
4. Demonstrates strong experience and knowledge with Office 365 Exchange Migrations and O365 Administration, including the preparation work required to migrate mailboxes to the cloud. Capable of providing technical support as needed to both customers and vendor.
5. Demonstrates experience and knowledge with MobileIron (or other MDM solution) and migration of mobile devices to the cloud
6. Facilitates mailbox migrations between the countries and the vendor from Exchange on-premise through hybrid environment to O365 Exchange OL in batch mode (Candidate will not perform migrations. Instead candidate will be helping to coordinate the migrations between the customers and the vendor, then supporting the countries with knowledge and troubleshooting skills to address questions and issues.)
7. Applies solid communication skills with technical resources, also with technical and non-technical individuals around the globe who do not use English as their primary language Selected candidate will be communicating extensively with in-country technical teams as well as vendor personnel, coordinating technical issue resolutions and tasks constantly, while also keeping all stakeholders informed. Challenges when working with team members who do not use English as their primary language, especially when troubleshooting, cannot be overstated.
8. Demonstrates strong troubleshooting skills and support aptitude - Ability to provide advanced hardware and software support to internal technical teams and end users utilizing a variety of means which include Skype for business, email, and various remote support tools. Expertise with Powershell required. Ability and willingness to research questions and problems, also collaborate with other technical resources to find appropriate solutions
skills: Fast paced environment at times can be very challenging, with multiple (and sometimes conflicting) demands across the 7 countries. Requires ability to leverage technical expertise in troubleshooting, and providing guidance to project manager, customers and vendor. Adept at supplementing experience by researching Internet sites for additional information. Strong hands-on experience researching exchange environments, using and developing PowerShell scripts to support troubleshooting or to enable changes. This is not a position to start learning;
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.