Join our amazing Data Services Team as a Big Data (Hadoop) Architect
and be part of a creative, forward-thinking team. Our success at deploying skilled, highly knowledgeable experts in a career growing opportunity is why this position is your next career move.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- To lead, design and develop Big Data initiatives
- Develop sustainable big data platform solutions while identifying gaps and opportunities to improve on existing solutions and processes
- The job will require hands on experience with Big Data environments and the ability to play a lead role in developing solutions.
- Collaboratively participate in the entire project lifecycle from design to delivery, taking advantage of flexibility in technology and approach
- Proactively research and evaluate emerging and evolving technologies
- Deliver hands-on components to support strategic and project-centric prototyping, and solution prescriptions across emerging platforms
- Delivers the required documentation during each stage of the project.
- 4+ years of hands-on, large scale, leading Big Data , and analytic solutions
- Must have extensive knowledge with Big Data architecture [Hadoop, NoSQL and distributed computing]
- Must have working experience with Hadoop and other components like Hive, Impala, Pig, Sqoop, Map-Reduce, Flume, H2O etc.
- Working knowledge on Spark, Kafka is required
- Prior experience in platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, SQL, Confluent, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, Flume, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Oozie, Hue, R, and python
- Proven ability to drive and influence change through innovation & process improvement.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectually curious, reliable, and flexible team player
- Passionate about delivering quality
- Evaluates technology and components against existing and future needs
- Should be able to work independently
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.