Sr. Desktop Technician
job summary: Overview:
Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for a Sr. Desktop Technician to sit onsite, just south of Boston, to join a highly talented and growing support service team.
This is a contract to hire role, paying up to $32/hr. Objective:
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to Office 365 deployments and mail migrations. Assist in integration of new acquisitions, but deploying computers, training new staff and providing initial support coverage. Coordinate and manage employee computer system upgrades to newer hardware models based on PC lifecycles. Respond to support queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions related to Desktop Support.
location: Canton, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $29 - 32 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Act as a technical resource in assisting users to answer questions and resolve problems with Office 365 after broad-scale deployments have occurred.
- Assist in the integration of newly acquired staff and facilities by deploying computers, staging desks with docks, monitors and phones, while also providing hands-on support upon go-live.
- Build and deploy computer upgrades to ensure PC lifecycle program is maintained.
- Troubleshoot problems and serves as a SME with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, email, network and peripheral equipment problems, make repairs and corrections where required.
- Qualified candidate will install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages.
- Must collaborate with all team members and staff to ensure effective problem resolution, attend meetings as required, stay current on technological advances, and perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Provided training to end users on core systems and configurations.
- Ensures that new employees have a good working knowledge of current corporate computer systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience working in a corporate IT support role.
- Certifications a plus: MCSE, CCNA, A+, Network+
skills: Support Skills:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Will be capable of diagnosing end user problems in realtime, including problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps
- Candidates should be able to routinely resolve less complex problems immediately, while managing complex tasks efficiently in a timely manner.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows OS with knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and correct desktop software problems
- Extensive knowledge of MS Outlook in an Exchange Cloud environment
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office 365 (Office 2016 with Skype for Business)
- Prior knowledge of Microsoft SCCM is desired
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair PC computer hardware and network printers.
- Understanding of network infrastructure equipment, switches, routers, etc.
- Knowledge of Apple iOS, Android and Windows mobile OS is required.
- Phone systems experience desired.
- Video Conferencing systems experience desired.
- Understanding of TCPIP networking and the ability to troubleshoot connectivity problems
- Knowledge of Windows Server print queues and how to troubleshoot print queue issues
- Experience with basic Active Directory user administration
- Experience with network file and folder security provisioning using Active Directory groups
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.