Sr. BI Developer
BI Developer Sr.
Who is this workers main interaction going to be with?
- Hiring Manager and team (5-10 people)
How will performance be measured:
- Manager will monitor work performance and feedback from team
Performance will also measured on these items below:
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver communications (written and verbal) and presentations
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; time management and organizational skills
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Day to day responsibilities:
- Works with business partners to analyze needs for information and converts them into action items, requests or projects.
- Develops cost-effective decision support performance monitoring dashboards/scorecards or predictive analytics applications for business related problems by creating new or enhancing and maintaining existing applications. Makes recommendations for the best way to proceed with enhancement and/or modification.
- Writes or modifies code for decision support solution development and/or modifications including, but not limited to, compiling the code; copying, creating and altering files and workspaces while considering refactoring needs and other technical faculties for programming purposes.
- Participates in the formation of business plans and forecasts and provides answers to questions about business data to appropriate business units.
- Design development of web based UI that interacts with exteneral API's
- Responsible for user testing and acceptance testing
Top must-have skills:
- Web development programing skills
- Microsoft SQL Server
- CSharp and web development skills
- Knowledge of REST API concepts and experience with building and evolution of RESTful APIs
- Ability to develop in Java OR C# with accompanying libraries (Spring, JAX-RS, ASP.Net etc.)
- Knowledge in accompanying configuring and maintaining accompanying web servers such as Tomcat, IIS etc.
- Experience with designing and implementing APIs to transfer/consume large datasets
What will separate an average candidate vs a great candidate on a resume?
- Knowledge working with Public Cloud technologies such as AWS and Big Data Sets
Years of overall experience required:
- 5+ years
skills: Degrees or certifications required:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business or related field (Computer Science, MIS, Business Management) and four years designing/developing, programming and supporting software programs/applications.
- Instead of a degree, six years of related work experience with a working knowledge of designing/developing, programming and supporting software programs/applications
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.