Sr. Project Manager
Randstad Technologies is looking for a senior project manager to support our healthcare insurance client in Washington, DC!
This person will be working heavily alongside the security and architecture team, so any prior experience managing cyber security projects and portfolios would be a huge plus.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Required Skills
- Experience managing and delivering integrated leading-edge technologies and older legacy technologies
- In-depth of knowledge of system development and project management methodologies.
- Experience managing matrixed cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the system development life-cycle (SDLC) for multiple Releases within the constraints of the scope, resources, time, and budget
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Leadership skills including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling, and motivating.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with Functional Managers to achieve not only wins for own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
- Exceptional project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing small to moderate maintenance projects in a cross-functional environment, work flow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution and flexibility, including the use of MS Project and, ideally, the Clarity Portfolio Management tool.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating and costing
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of technology product offerings and experience with hardware, software and software development methodologies is helpful in order to understand the impact a new project will have on a Release and other project's deliverables during a Release
- Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
- Strong Agile background, able to coach and mentor teams and organizations transitioning from Waterfall to Agile.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification required.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills
skills: Software & Tools: PMP Excellent relationship building skils MS Office suite of products, SharePoint, modeling tools, HP ALM, Adobe Acrobat
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.