Edge Network Engineer
This position will support the Core Network Engineering team with responsibilities in the South Central and South East Markets. You will assist with and perform engineering responsibilities for one or more COINs and work closely with the Capacity Planning, Design and Operations teams to implement our strategic technology goals and transition to the eNSE platform.
location: Somerville, New Jersey
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
· Good knowledge of MPLS and BGP protocols
· Interaction with design and architecture teams developing future networks.
· Develop network configurations from design models and templates.
· Work with cross functional teams to ensure new networks are built, migrated and decommissioned
· Work on engineering and deploying directional networks for Intelligent Edge, including but not limited to: SAP ENSE Fabric, Access ENSE fabric, ISP, NNI and Core connectivity.
· Build networks for interconnection to VCP platforms for growth, capacity and expansion.
· Work with underlay and overlay controllers for network creation, network modeling, and network deployments. Leveraging plugins for network deployments across multiple virtualized OS environments.
· Engineer network solutions with a strong interaction with PNF and VNF applications teams.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent data networking and telecommunications service experience. Cisco CCNP or CCIE
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in data networking and telecommunications, including expert knowledge of TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, and working hands on knowledge of routing and Ethernet switching.
· MPLS Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on experience
· Hands-on experience configuring routers, switches and related network equipment. Preferably: Cisco Carrier Routing Systems (CRS), Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS), ASR 9K, ISR 3945, Nexus 3K, 7K, 9K, Juniper MX-480, MX-960. Operating Systems: IOS, XR-IOS, NX-OS, JunOS.
· Solid understanding of Networking specific technologies: IPV6, L2VPN, L3VPN, OSPFv3, MPBGP, QOS/Traffic Engineering, MPLS (LDP & TDP) and VRFs
· Any cloud and scripting experience i.e. Linux, Openstack, Python, automation, virtualization is a plus.
skills: Edge Network Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.