Analyzes business processes, workflows and functional requirements for various departments, configures, builds and tests assigned application functionality, provides end-user and IT department support and training for Epic and/or other system and new releases.
location: Fremont, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Healthcare or equivalent experience desired.
- Experience: Two to four years of Epic or other clinical information system implementation experience. Four to six years of healthcare experience, in a clinical or IT role in acute care or ambulatory care setting.
- Significant knowledge of operational workflows which relate to the application functionality assigned to the analyst.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products and Outlook.
- Must obtain and maintain current certification in one or more IT applications and recertifications per release as appropriate.
- Completes specific design/build responsibilities as it relates to application(s) and is a resource for end users.
- Reviews and understands departmental workflow and analyzes alternative solutions. Documents current and future state workflows in collaboration with department staff.
- Initiates, documents, and analyzes requirements in departments throughout the organization.
- Helps coordinate operational readiness assessment and preparation of end users for new software releases.
- Demonstrates strong organization skills.
- Provides support to end users throughout the planning, testing,training and implementation of software releases.
- Maintains current knowledge of application systems and healthcare initiatives.
- Attends training and becomes proficient in a specific application and builds new features in the system.
- Builds and configures the software based on workflow and design decisions.
- Participates in testing process, practicing standard quality assurance methodology.
- Provides product expertise and solutions to end users and IT department staff. May conduct or support training for the EMR.
- Displays understanding of technical aspects of the implementation and participates in technical discussions
- Makes direct application changes as necessary for new releases and resolves problems.
- Understands system design and process application flows.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.