Entry Level Electrical or Computer Engineer
Research, design, develop and test hardware and/or software. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze hardware and/or software requirements. May design embedded systems hardware and/or software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
location: Carbondale, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
· Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
· Build, test, and modify product prototypes using working models or theoretical models.
· Write detailed functional specifications that document the development processes and support hardware/software introduction.
· Specify power supply requirements and configuration, drawing on system performance expectations and design specifications.
· Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
· May develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures.
· Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
· Design or develop computer hardware and support peripherals, including FPGA and PLD coding, etc.
· Design or develop software systems, using analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
· Select hardware and material, assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
· Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
· Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements by recording and analyzing test data.
· Design and construct Test-Sets to be used in the production of products.
· Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
· Confer with department managers or project managers to obtain information for current or upcoming projects.
· Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
· Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
· Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues.
· Create product documentation as required including User Manuals, White Papers, etc.
· Bachelor's Degree in related area required. Relevant experience may substitute for partial education requirement. (Computer or Hardware Engineering)
- No specific verticals are a must but an Industrial controls background would be a "nice to have"
- C Programming
· 2 years or more of relevant work experience preferred.
- Looking for Linux/ Embedded Linux developing experience
· Requires a professional work ethic that includes communicating verbally and in writing.
· Ability to identify problems and develop and implement solutions.
· Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, programmable hardware, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
· Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Good verbal and writing skills and the ability to interact and work well with others.
· Computer skills needed (Word, Excel, Internet, etc.)
skills: The ideal candidate would possess a team-player mentality with a willingness to learn and great communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.