Android Developer - Telecommunications - Center City Philadelphia
Exciting opportunity to join a growing team in Center City Philadelphia! This telecommunications team is seeking an Android Developer to join our applications engineering group, which is responsible for creating and shipping mobile experiences that delight our customers and exceed their expectations.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new
applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity.
Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance
metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under
development, and customizes current applications. Develops software
update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience with the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, and maintenance
- Experience creating mobile applications for a wide variety of devices and Android OS versions
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to see the big picture/the whole project, not just the piece you are working on
skills: In this role you will collaborate with designers, testers, product managers, and other developers across the organization. While the primary responsibilities will include developing features for existing products and building new Android apps from scratch, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You must be able to pick up new technologies and languages quickly, be a team player, and be able to adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building native mobile applications that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (millions).
- Strong experience Java is required. Kotlin experience is bonus.
- Knowledge of Android libraries and frameworks such as RxJava and Dagger preferred.
- Strong background in architectural styles and patterns (MVP and MVC) is preferred.
- Agile experience is preferred but not mandatory.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.