Contribute maintenance and development of Travel Automation Systems and coordination with Online Product Systems supporting all Global divisions. Manage and provide end user support as well as implement process enhancements, program configurations and software updates as necessary to the company's global travel applications. Work cohesively with the Global Travel Management team and the Global Travel Applications Manager to enhance and support the strategies and methodologies of the department.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Provide 2nd level technical support for all client offices globally where an online tool has been deployed and process standard operational Technology duties and tasks
- Monitor and address any system performance issues including system down and slow response times.
- Request and process software change requests, and suggest site modifications to online booking and profile tools as part of best practice and any other non-standard settings
- Assure quality of systems interface, confirming successful and addressing unsuccessful file importing and exporting (Credit Card and HR to 3rd Party Profile Tool as well as GDS Interface and proper profile synchronization (Profile Tool to GDS and online profiles)
- Site Administration
- Site Administration for Online Profile, Online Booking and Travel Portals deployed globally.
- Configuration and maintenance of current and new sites with appropriate booking formats, custom field editors, policy groups, company location updates and required to build rules within each online booking and profile system for site efficiency
- Ensure preferred supplier information and discounts are properly loaded into online booking system
- Work in coordination with global team on system enhancements, recommendations for deployment and support all phases of testing
- Conduct research and facilitate problem resolution for service issues across client's Travel Technology Systems
- Maintain direct relationship with third-party online booking and travel profile vendors.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and application of technology products
- Full knowledge of security requirements as it related to the GDS and online booking environment
- 5 years travel Industry experience preferred and/or equivalent technology education or practical experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with education or practical experience with mid-office, Online Booking Tool or other related travel technology systems
- GDS proficiency, Sabre preferred
- Project Management Specialized Training and/or practical experience in leading special projects preferred
- Practical experience in process development or program support preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with internal, external clients and vendors at various levels within their organizations using diplomacy and tact
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal, written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Skilled in usage of various software application packages to include: Word/Excel/Access
- Ability to travel several time per year as needed, for internal meetings, company visits, etc.
- Provide ongoing assistance with technology projects in line with Travel Department objectives and alternate assignments as determined by business need
- Assist global team with new and ongoing user training for all online systems, and support the development of user training reference material
- Ensure proper communication with all key regional contacts on technology program components and updates
- Attend regular department technology update meetings, and contribute to the standardization of travel technology and corporate card processes
- Strive for continual improvement through training and constructive feedback
- Assume other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.