iOS Developer - Telecommunications Center City Philadelphia
Exciting opportunity with a growing telecommunications team!! This team is seeking an iOS Developer to join our applications engineering group, which is responsible for creating and shipping mobile experiences that delight our customers and exceed their expectations.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Primary responsibilities will include developing features for existing products, coordinating with other developers on the team, participating in design discussions and code reviews, and collaborating with our UX, Product, and other teams in the organization. You must be able to pick up new technologies and languages quickly, be a team player, and be able to adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building native mobile applications that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (millions).
Responsible for planning and designing new software applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience with the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, and maintenance
- Experience creating mobile applications for a wide variety of devices and iOS versions
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to see the big picture/the whole project, not just the piece you are working on
skills: Technical Skills:
- A working knowledge of Swift and Objective-C is required.
- Strong background in architectural styles and patterns (MVC, MVVM) is preferred.
- Agile experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience working on video streaming apps and/or experience with Fairplay/Apple TV streaming is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- 5-8 years related experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.