Candidate will be part of a development team that is enhancing an existing application. The application is heavily relied upon by engineering and customer support organizations, so must have experience working on an enterprise based application. This application is used for searching source code in order to assess if a fix is patched in given release. The development will primarily be in Java, and will be to implement a queuing system on a distributed cluster, along with aggregating results of the application from each of the independent clusters, back into a centralized view/store.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Write, modify, and debug software for client applications. Use source debuggers and visual development environments. Test and document software for client applications. Write code to create single-threaded, multi-threaded or user interface event driven applications.. 7 years of experience are required.
Minimum Requirements: (such as years of experience, background, technologies used, education, etc.)
1. 7+ years of experience
4. Java SE and JEE Programming, Python, Java, Javscript, shell scripting
5. Ability to document technical architecture/designs
skills: Desired Skills: (soft skills that are relevant for the position, additional technologies that would be desirable but not mandatory for hire)
1. Proficient in object oriented design
2. Must be a good communicator, collaborative, and focused on building positive and productive relationships.
3. SCM systems knowledge (GIT, SVN)
4. Workflow system Dbase background a plus, MongoDb experience a great benefit.
Additional role, initiative and group information:
1. Demonstrated experience developing medium to large scale online web applications
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.