Our Client is seeking an Hadoop (HDP/HDF) Administrator
for an exciting Project in Atlanta. This individual will provide operational support on Hadoop for data science, business intelligence and ETL/streaming workloads, running on Hortonworks Data Platform and Data Flow. The Adhoop Administrator will have Operational support responsibilities will include platform installation/upgrade, troubleshooting, documentation, performance tuning, root-cause analysis, and issue resolution. The position will also involve management of security and change control for HDP and HDF. This individual will work closely with Hadoop Team Leads, other Hadoop Administrators, Data Engineers, Application Developers and Data Scientists.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the Clients technical and business resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Install and configure new Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) and Data Flow (HDF) clusters.
- Upgrade existing HDP/HDF clusters to newer versions of the software
- Analyze and apply SmartSense recommendations
- Work with development and business stakeholders to setup new HDP users. This includes setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, HBase and Yarn access for the new users
- Perform HDP security configurations with Ranger, Kerberos, Knox and Atlas.
- Work closely with vendor Support to address support tickets
- Monitor and optimize cluster utilization, performance and operations.
- Write and produce technical documentation, administration runbooks and knowledge base.
- Keep current with Hadoop Big Data ecosystem technologies
- Be part of an on-call rotation.
qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- Hortonworks HDP Administration certification
- Demonstrated experience implementing big data use-cases, understanding of standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments.
- At least 2 years of HDP installation and administration experience in multi-tenant production environments, with experience on HDP 2.6.x/HDF 3.x versions.
- Experience designing and deploying production large-scale Hadoop architectures
4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
skills: Job Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.