Randstad Technologies is seeking a Network Engineer to ensure the stability and integrity of all the client's Health System data communication. This includes voice, video, wireless and network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance and support of all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide team and end user training where required.
location: Birmingham, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Duties Strategy & Planning
- Assist co-workers to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other Network related hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, automated alerts, notifications, and/or e-mails/ticketing system regarding network connectivity problems.
- Ensure network connectivity of all network devices
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing and maintaining all network security solutions.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and install equipment into network equipment racks
- Available for afterhours on call support
Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and four (4) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
skills: Knowledge & Preferred Experience:
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN and WLAN design and implementation
- Knowledge of routing
- An understanding of network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, software, protocols, and standards, including VPN/SSL VPN, Network Design, Network Security, TCP/IP, Active Directory, Routing Protocols, Windows platform, Cisco IOS, CiscoWorks Prime, Cisco ASA, 802.xxx wireless protocols
- Experience with firewalls and security protocols
- Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers showing competence with testing tools
- Hardware troubleshooting experience
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws including HIPAA and PCI
- Certifications: CCNA
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.