Program Manager Data Governance
Direct Hire with Good Compensation and Relo package
Please apply directly to email@example.com. As a qualified applicant I will respond to you same business day. Interview process will consist of a couple of phone conversations with the VP and CIO followed by an onsite interview ( out of town interview expenses will be absorbed the the company)
This is an incredible opportunity to come into an established company and help build a world class team. You will report directly into the VP and work closely with him as you lead the continuous development of data governance capabilities
This position will support the organization in establishing, maintaining and following a data management strategy that is aligned with organization strategy, approved by all relevant stakeholders, communicated across the organization, and reflected in architecture, technology and business planning. This position will act as the primary liaison between business team for data management & data governance issues and opportunities. This position is accountable for leading the continuous development of data governance capabilities across our analytics portfolio. They will direct all of the enterprise data governance efforts as well as the data quality function related to the enterprise analytic platform. They are responsible for the scope, planning, execution, and delivery of the organization's enterprise data governance program and are the primary support for the Enterprise Data Governance Council and associated committees. Responsible for Master Data Management (MDM) functions and keeping them connected to overall Enterprise Data Governance.
location: Greenville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
Responsible for the scope, planning, execution, and delivery of all aspects of data quality related to the Enterprise Data Ecosystem for Analytics. The will include data anomaly identification as well as serving as the primary liaison between senior management and source system data owners.
Enterprise Analytics is built on a culture of experimentation, innovation, and consultative approach. As a senior leader, the Manager ensures collaborative partnerships with leaders across the enterprise. Through routine, direct engagement with executive leadership, the Manager provides support for the development of best practices for the management of data and champions the economic value of data throughout the system. The Manager is responsible for prioritizing, developing, and delivering solutions, managing relationships with key stakeholders and vendors, strategic planning, financial management, development and leadership of the team, and innovation.
This position requires a person who can work within an integrated group, and can manage and mentor personnel with diverse backgrounds and knowledge. The Program Manager must be detail, action, solution and results oriented and must demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature judgment in managing the production reporting environment.
***PLEASE NOTE, Healthcare experience highly preferred, however if you have strong capabilities in other business sectors as outlined below, we will most certainly be willing to consider your qualifications
Major in data science/ analytics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, business, or social science with heavy quantitative analysis, or related field strongly desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience in data governance and large scale information systems.
- Five to seven years of experience in a data governance leadership/management role with a strong operational background and proven track record of accomplishments in change management and innovation within a large, complex, multi-location organization.
- Seasoned professional with at least five years' health care experience that has a deep understanding of health care operations as well as the current business issues and trends influencing health care providers.
- Experience with data governance, master data management, data quality, data catalogs and business definitions as implemented in such tools such as Collibra, Alation, DATUM, Informatica, IBM Infosphere, Infogix or similar applications.Understanding of HIPAA and other applicable statutes or regulations concerning patient privacy and appropriate use and sharing of healthcare data.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher Preferred Requirements
- Application of data governance methods to healthcare delivery or insurance problems is preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma, LEAN, Balanced Scorecard or similar process improvement approaches.
- Five-or-more years of experience applying advanced analytics tools and methods to healthcare claims and/or care delivery data to support business activities.
- Five-or-more years of experience in a healthcare operations environment (health system or insurer).
- Strong understanding of DG (Data Governance), DQ (Data Quality), Data Lineage, MDM (Master Data Management), and ETL concepts (Extract, Transform, and Load).
- Familiarity with data integration, BI (Business Intelligence) and Enterprise Data Warehouse systems.
- Knowledge of Solution Development Lifecycle (SDLC) & Data Lifecycle.
- Expert understanding of data structures to support application of advanced analytics tools for business, clinical, operations, and quality analysis.
- Experience with data access tools such as SQL, statistical analysis/modeling tools including SAS, R, Python, , or similar applications, and data visualization tools such as Tableau. Ability to effectively mentor staff in the application of these tools to independently solve real-world problems and delivery findings.
skills: Proven Experience with Data Governance in a Lead Role
Large Scale Information Systems
Five to seven years of experience in a data governance leadership/management role with a strong operational background and proven track record of accomplishments in change management and innovation within a large, complex, multi-location organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.