Sr. Project Manager
A client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a Senior Project Manager for a long- term contract opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Provides proactive leadership skills required to plan, direct and deliver work
- Use's inter-personal soft skills to effectively work with and update customers and stakeholders
- Identifies changes to the organization, business, technology, security and compliance, plans change management activities
- Develops project scope statements
- Works with IT Architecture to determine best fit solutions
- Works with IT Procurement to procure needed resources, software and
- Develops project cost requirements
- Develops project work packages
- Develops resource requirements
- Develops resource loaded project schedule
- Facilitates requirements gathering activities to satisfy scope
- Facilitates solutions design activities to satisfy scope
- Facilitates solutions build activities to satisfy scope
- Produces project implementation plan
- Produces project to support transitions plan
- Identifies and tracks issues, action items and test defects to completion
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, or related field from an accredited university or an equivalent combination of education and experience. For Principle Project Manager a Master's degree is required.
- MBA Preferred
- 1-7 years' experience in effectively managing initiatives within a matrix organization structure to include in-depth knowledge in Project Management best practices. Prefer PMI Body of Knowledge, AGILE, or PRINCE concepts and practices.
- Project management certification (PMI, AGILE, PRINCE2, or other)
- Preferred familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project
- In-depth understanding of Project Management process tools.
- Experience and proficiency in ERP Financial Systems (SAP).
- Working knowledge of Document Management Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
- Executive presence
- Ability to package information to their audience
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time
- Ability and desire to understand the business area they are supporting
- Executive presence
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.