We are searching for Java Developers to work with our Subscriber management platform team.Our Java Developers are hands-on coders as well as high-level designers and thinkers - they are responsible for developing a deep understanding of our systems, refactoring and improving those systems for maintainability and standards compliance in a high-activity environment, and for designing the integrations between those systems.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Most of our core infrastructure is Java-based - extremely strong Java skills are an absolute must. Demonstrated experience in building highly scalable and performant services in an SOA environment is a must. Strong relational database skills using MySQL are a must have. Some experience in building microservices in AWS and migrating a monolithic application into microservices will be preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of related experience building efficient, maintainable, robust Java based applications.
* 3+ years of experiance in building microservices.
* Should be familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Strong advocate of disciplined software development: configuration management using SVN, issue tracking, estimation and Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience with shared Java development on/offshore, Eclipse IDE, GlassFish/Tomcat/weblogic Application Servers
- Experience building XML APIs as well as REST-based APIs
- Strong SQL skills and experience with MySQL
- Proven ability to build unit tests using JUnit and tracking code coverage.
- Knowledge of Ant/Maven build scripts will be required, Hudson integration and testing
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus - especially in the areas of writing high-performance, scalable, reliable and maintainable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
skills: Java, MySQL, AWS, Microservers, SQL, Java Development,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.