We are seeking great people for a rewarding opportunity. We have an immediate need for a senior Software Test Engineer who have a proven background in the complete STLC and expertise in automated testing working with Selenium and Robot. This is a permanent, full time, direct hire role. We offer a competitive salary package that includes Medical Insurance, 401K, Bonus, generous PTO, etc.
Responsible for designing, developing, and analyzing automated test suites and tools for a performance management software.
Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates in Test, reviewing manual test suites for automation, and developing automation tools and utilities in a variety of programming languages for a web based enterprise application.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving.
location: New Orleans, Louisiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $9.99 - 999,999.99 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Develop automation by writing components, tools, and scripts to automate the owned test cases
- Develop powerful tools and automation systems to accelerate product development, ensuring long-term quality
- Automate existing black box tests (all tiers) for functional and performance uses
- Ensure the successful execution of the automated test suite.
- Ensure the teams and roles you work with are following the standards and best practices when working with QA
- Create test documentation (test strategies, plans, designs, scripts) derived from a variety of sources (business use cases, functional specifications, object models, relational diagrams, class diagrams, and system diagrams) to support individual and group testing efforts.
- Create feature test plans and cases, and supporting applications, harnesses, and automation to successfully test at the API, class, interface, data access, and application layers
- Assist in maintaining quality of work through regular code reviews
- Mentor entry level Software Associates in Test on engineering and company best practices
- Advocate for quality software development by influencing and improving upstream development processes, creating a proactive approach to quality in all its forms
- Analyzes test results to determine where application bugs exist and where tests need improvement
- 7+ years of test experience
- 4+ years of programing experience (C#, Java)
- 3+ years of test automation experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics or graduation from a technical college combined with equivalent work experience
- Must be able to work as a W2, direct salaried employee
- Knowledge of:
- Industry testing/development best practices
- Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Scalable Enterprise Web Based Applications
- Automated Testing using Java, Robot Framework, Selenium, SQL, Jenkins, with a preference for Python, PERL, etc.
- Using unit test frameworks such as xUnit or JUnit
- Building mocks/stubs to perform isolated testing
- Mobile platform testing (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)
- UI/UX, CLI, Microservice, and API Testing
- Cloud IaaS Solutions (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Database Management Systems
- Linux and Windows Server/IIS Environment Testing
- Proven ability to write test automation frameworks, or harnesses
- Experience with Crucible, Git, and Jenkins
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.