Our client is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join their team. This is a hands-on product development role focused on the development of large Distributed Processing Technologies. This is a fast growing team within a large well known enterprise. Additionally, this role reports to a manager who is well known within the organization for developing, mentoring, and promoting resources on his team.
location: Fairfax, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Build, deploy, and support modules of large, world-class enterprise-level solutions within Decision Management Data Streaming Platform.
- Use diagrams and tools to write programs, investigate and fix bugs, and install solutions.
- Continually learn new technologies in related areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with professional industry experience doing hands-on software development.
- Proficient in development and deployment of software solutions product within software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Strong knowledge of database concepts, programming in Java and Python, and experience working with open source tools/technologies.
- Possess some knowledge of Big Data Technology.
- Experience in maintaining and upgrading of product source codes.
- Experience writing product specifications and documenting product features and presenting them to an audience.
- Ability to work well as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Proven ability to "act like an owner"
- Focus on delighting customers
- Interest in making a difference
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.