Our Client is seeking a Mid-Level Windows Systems Administrator
in their Alpharetta office. This Systems Administrator will be responsible for support and administration of corporate IT Infrastructure systems located in North America.
This individual should have good oral and written communication skills to interface directly with corporate customers and manage IT projects. Requires the ability to understand customer business requirements and provide solutions that meet those requirements.
location: Avondale Estates, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Performing daily system administration tasks to ensure maximum system performances and availability.
- Performing installation, maintenance and tuning of server operating systems and management of user accounts.
- Perform installation, maintenance and support of Microsoft Hyper-V host servers
- Perform installation, maintenance and support of Microsoft Hyper-V virtual servers.
- Monitor system performance, logs, and disk space.
- Management of antivirus systems, applications and updates.
- Respond to alerts and notifications for systems from Solarwinds monitoring tool
- Manage and support iSCSI storage enviornment including servers, switches and storage arrays.
- Develop automation routines for storage environments.
- Maintain OS patching for critical and non-critical servers.
- Weekly maintennance of FCS role to manage Anti-virus enviornment
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft OS issues
- Perform periodic hardware and software system maintenance.
- Perform maintenance and support for Microsoft Active Directory
- Maintain and support DFS and file services
- Maintain and support print services
- Design, code, and maintain Powershell scripts.
- Perform basic layer 2/3 troubleshooting
- Manage and support new technologies as adopted by the business
qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft operating systems with heavy emphasis on Windows 2008 R2 Server
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Any network certifications a plus
Bachelor Degree and prefer and Microsoft certifications a plus
skills: Job Skills:
- Good knowledge of networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V
- Knowledge of iSCSI SAN
- Basic knowledge and troubleshooting local network issues
- Knowledge interacting with managed service providers
- Personal Computer knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Keyboard/typing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.