Quality Assurance Engineer (Manual)
Looking for a Manual QA Engineer with experience working on financial applications.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Analyze Customer requirements and design effective test cases.
- Work closely with team members and with other teams to ensure quick resolution of Customer reported issues.
- Write, review and implement test plans and test cases.
- Take ownership of product modules, QA effort estimation and perform the required testing for all software modifications.
- Work with Operations team to resolve production issues as needed.
- Document all Test artifacts including Test Cases, Test Plans in the Test Case Management System.
- Research technologies and methodologies which will improve our test practices.
- 5+ years experience in Software QA, working preferably on financial trading apps, Experience with large, complex business applications (distributed systems) a plus.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience acceptable.
- Very strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask several responsibilities.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, especially in Agile.
- Experience with web services, REST, SOAP, XSLT, XSD, and XML.
- Experience with and understanding of databases (Oracle, SQL).
- Experience testing order management systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux and Windows operating systems; must be comfortable using standard UNIX utilities to do testing and identify issues.
- Strong working knowledge of software build and release management processes, such as maintaining QA environment, would be a plus.
- Self-motivated, quick learner and creative problem solver, organized, and responsible team player.
- Experience with automation tools and/or experience with scripting would be a plus.
skills: Top Must Haves:
1. Strong manual tester capable of working independently
2. Several years experience preferably with financial applications
3. Decisive decision maker capable of debating issues and proposing solutions. Ability to perform testing, document results and review w/ development team
This is working in a Team Environment. Candidate would be working for a senior person in Boston and most likely offshore resources in China. Team is comprised of QA staff that work on an application in Boston
Day to Day: Performing QA testing (see specific job description)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.