Our client is seeking a infrastructure lead that will report directly to the IT Director. This position does not have any direct reports but will be involved with mentoring team members. This person's responsibilities will include infrastructure architecture, implementation, and support needs of the organization. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills and will be responsible for ensuring that the entire companies infrastructure environment runs smoothly on a day to day basis.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $85 - 105 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Performs network design, infrastructure design, recommends and implements security best practices
- Architects complex network and infrastructure system designs that meet internal and/or external requirements.
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware technologies.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Identifies new and emerging infrastructure trends and tools that may be applied
- Identify and maintain key IT vendor relationships
- Collaborates with team members, consultants, business team members, and other constituents to provide accurate estimations, timelines, and risks associated with infrastructure projects.
- Analyze and collaborate data and provide reports to management as needed.
- Assist team members with troubleshooting and problem solving to support environment uptime.
- Mentor and cross train team members on existing and new technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding infrastructure trends
- Minimum of 6 Years of professional experience in:
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Storage Technology
- Backup and Recovery solutions (Veeam)
- Email - Microsoft Exchange (on-prem), Exchange Online w/ O365 licensing
- Phone (on-Prem/Cloud)
- Professional experience managing and maintaining a highly available production environment
- Professional experience managing and maintaining a highly available disaster recovery environment
- Professional experience architecting and delivering infrastructure projects from inception through completion.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues with little guidance or documentation available.
- Familiarity with:
- Atlassian's ServiceDesk and JIRA for Software
- SQL Server 2012 and newer
- Building Infrastructure to support onsite Data Center (generators, UPS system, air conditioners, etc.)
- Cloud environments (Exchange, AWS, Azure, etc)
- Ensuring the stability and security of the companies firewalls and network.
- Management of the virtualization environment(s) including the supporting hardware platform.
- Ensures the integrity of data through a sound data backup and recovery strategy.
- Maintains and supports the Disaster Recovery (DR) environment.
- Support send users by providing network connectivity, wireless and VPN connectivity, hardware, printers, business software, etc.
- Provide recommendations and plans to continually evolve the network and supporting infrastructure to support both internal and external users.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to IT staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.