job summary: Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple Systems/Network Engineering initiatives and projects consisting of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, testing, and integration. Provide feedback on project status, milestones, and risks
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Support data center facility/services and proactively monitor the health of all systems located at the data centers and take appropriate action when required. Performs after-hours systems support, installation, and maintenance as required
- Provide specialized technical expertise in researching and resolving complex technology infrastructure problems which may involve coordination of hardware and software vendor support
- Advise department team members on procedures, techniques, and requirements to insure maximum performance and availability of the company infrastructure. Recommend areas for improvement in both processes and systems
- Conduct implementations, conversions, and upgrades in a manner consistent with Standard Operating Procedures within company maintenance windows; including change management procedures
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, project managers, and stakeholders.
- Author technical documentation such as systems and data center diagrams
- Work closely with vendors on implementation of products and services
- Ensure security and operational standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with compliance requirements, HIPPA standards, and industry best practices
- Perform risk analysis to identify IT security issues and remediating plans. Identify and/or mitigate operational risks where appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal skills with the ability to create and maintain strong relationships with members of cross departmental teams and department team members
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55.00 - 68.75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Please see list of responsibilities.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent 10+ years of Systems Engineering experience.
- 7+ Years of experience with Server Hardware installation, maintenance and configuration: Cisco UCS Blade System, HP ProLiant Servers
- 7+ Years of experience with Virtualization, Datacenter Migration & Disaster Recovery: VMware ESXi, NSX & SRM
- 7+ Years of experience with MS Server OS installation, configuration and troubleshooting: Windows Server 2003-2016
- 5+ Years of experience with NetApp Storage and FC and NFS Storage Protocols
- 5+ Years of experience with Active Directory (2008 and above) administration, configuration and troubleshooting
- 5+ Years of experience with Citrix XenApp and NetScaler Technology (6.5 and above) Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting
- 5+ Years of experience with installation, and configuration of the Active Directory Certificate Services and PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) configuration
- 3+ Years of experience with Backup Technologies installation and maintenance: Veritas NetBackup
- 3+ years of technical knowledge of cloud based architecture, including operating in SaaS, IaaS and PaaS environments
- 3+ Years of experience with Cisco Switching and Routing: Cisco Catalyst, Nexus switches
- Desired Certifications: MCSE, VCP, CCNA, CCAA Citrix XenApp
- Experience with MS Exchange (2010-2016) administration, configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, configuration and troubleshooting
- MS SQL Server 2005 - 2016 installation and troubleshooting
- Strong documentation skills along with working knowledge of MS Project
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.