Our client is seeking an Endpoint Engineer to join our VDI Engineering team. We are focused on building a creative team capable of designing and implementing scalable solutions to help our company grow. Come join a strong, technically diverse team with responsibility for managing our VDI endpoint infrastructure.
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Manage a staff of endpoint deployment engineers and imaging engineers.
- Collaborate on deployment and provisioning of new device management solutions to solve complex endpoint management challenges.
- Create and maintain security policies for Linux and Windows to manage and protect our endpoints.
- Package and deploy applications and updates for multiple platforms.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of security products to protect our endpoints.
- Create dashboards, reports, alerts and automated tasks within our current management toolsets. (Lansweeper, Solarwinds, VROPs, etc.)
- Act as an end user advocate to ensure the endpoints maintain high performance and ease of use.
- Work closely with teammates and business partners to develop new endpoint management solutions.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies; investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Training and mentoring Tier I and II support.
- Document and refine internal policies and procedures.
- Partner with peers and management to make informed and sound strategic decisions.
- Performance monitoring and proactive correction of problems.
- Rotating on call duties as required.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to take direction and to know when to ask for help.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for scripting and programming in various languages like BASH and/or Powershell,
- Experience in a medium to large enterprise environment.
- Peripheral experience managing Endpoint Policies, Encryption and Deployments such as HPDM and HP Thin Clients.
- Experience with Imprivata authentication or similar technologies.
- Experience with imaging management solutions.
- Experience with Virtualization platforms: Horizon View, Citrix, Hyper-V.
- Understand and implement matrix management.
- 3+ years of experience in endpoint management
skills: The ideal candidate should:
- Have a passion for solving complex technical problems and finding root cause.
- Be an effective team player to help foster a fun and positive environment.
- Be driven with a strong capacity to quickly adapt to a challenging pace of work and aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Can handle multiple projects simultaneously and on schedule while continuing to manage daily responsibilities.
- Can identify an issue and formulate project driven solutions for resolution.
- Be willing to take on tasks outside of their knowledge base, be detail-oriented, able to communicate effectively both written and verbally in technical and non-technical language to an array of cross-functional teams.
- Create logic-based opinions and fight for the correct solution, not just the easy solution.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.