job summary: Responsibilities:
Primarily -Production support responsibilities include maximizing system availability, ensuring swift and complete database recovery, optimizing database and availability through ongoing maintenance, and ensure conformance to audit and operating standards;
Design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, and statistical methodology. 90% database administration. 10% database design. along with other duties outlined in job description
location: Hopkins, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology profession
- 2+ years of extension experience with Casandra Database administration and support
- Prior experience with Casandra performance tuning
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and addressing production problems immediately.
- Expertise with UNIX shell scripts and commands
- Experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
- Experience is working with multiple Transactions and non-transaction databases.
- Experience in working with Hitachi (HID) backup tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.