Oracle Applications DBA
The Application Database Administrator is responsible for monitoring and maintenance of Oracle E-Business Suite and databases for corporate systems. The Application Database Administrator should have a diverse set of technical skills across multiple operating systems and database platforms. This position will have an emphasis on projects and will assist developers in support of related tasks as required.
location: Muscatine, Iowa
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
- Monitor the Oracle E-Business suite including ORACLE components, concurrent requests, system alerts and metrics.
- Monitor Oracle databases for performance problems and recommend performance-tuning actions using Oracle utilities; other vendor software and utilities, or programs developed independently.
- Recommend, test and implement new releases of Oracle applications and middleware components.
- Respond to and resolve Oracle access and performance issues
- Design and implement new databases as required by Company business requirements and assist in the development of utilities/programs to be used in the loading of data into the databases.
- Review and maintain policies and procedures pertaining to application and database recovery and disaster recovery.
- Participate in the installation and maintenance of Oracle technology stack products and utilities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing procedures for modifications to Oracle databases.
- Research and recommend Oracle application support products and tools and application development products and tools.
- Recommend, establish, and implement Oracle database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity, recoverability, and availability of the Company's data controlled by these databases.
- Perform off-hours production support as needed.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between operating systems.
- Work with application development staff to establish Oracle coding and testing policies and standards as well as assist/answer any questions/problems regarding application development.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field from a 4-year college and 5-8 years of database experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Oracle DBA Certification is a plus
- Experience with MS Windows, Oracle Linux, installing OEM products and performing administration tasks on those environments
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience as an Oracle EBS DBA (performing the duties of an Oracle E-Business Suite System Administrator and an ORACLE database administrator)
- At least 5 years of experience with Oracle 11g
- OIM (Oraccle Identity Management) Administration is strongly preferred.
- SOA Installation experience a plus
- EBS Installation and patching processes
- Weblogic installation and upgrade experience
- Demantra installation and support experience a plus
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and connectivity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.