location: Stamford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develop and maintain database objects and SQL code for the evolving platform.
- Assist in data quality efforts around a variety of external and internal data sources.
- Assist in developing/extending financial analytics logic, primarily in SQL.
- Excellent SQL Server skills with emphasis on query optimization, performance analysis & troubleshooting
- Experience with database indexing & locking semantics, as well as windowing operators & CTEs
- Experience with various market data sources, esp. Bloomberg and Reuters
- IT experience within financial institutions
- Knowledge of Equities portfolio management concepts
- C# development experience
- Excel development experience (worksheet, VBA, VSTO, or ExcelDNA).
- Knowledge of n-tier architectures, esp. stateless API paradigms
- Experience with batch schedulers, such as ActiveBatch
- Tableau experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.