Lab Support Engineer
- Minimum Requirements:
- 1+ years direct, hands-on experience in a lab or datacenter environment
- 1+ years experience racking and configuring servers and/or network equipment.
- Experience using CLI to configured switches
- Excellent written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills. Able to effectively work with disparate organizations - both face to face and via ticketing systems.
- Thrives when faced with a problem to solve.
- Effective when working independently and in a global team setting.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Desired Skills:
- Previous experience in a Cisco Lab
- Basic Networking troubleshooting experience
Base role responsibilities:
Racking and cabling servers and switches
Performing server and network maintenance (replacing physical components, upgrading firmware, installing OS, etc)
Configuration of CIMCS
Basic configuration of switches
Maintenance of lab infrastructure
Managing hardware inventory
Detail oriented work with excellent written and verbal communication
Creating and maintaining accurate up to date documentation for all aspects of lab
Configuring and troubleshooting server and network equipment
skills: Work hours: 9:00am - 5:30 pm PT (some flexibility)
INTERVIEW METHOD: 1st round - WebEx / 2nd round - Onsite Interview
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.