This team develops applications that provide the analytics to optimize affordability for its members. Our tools analyze historical data to identify insights, forecast trends, and recommend actionable items to improve total medical costs. You will have the opportunity to design, develop, and deploy new applications and features that will directly impact the company, to ultimately provide better and more affordable healthcare. Our team uses a variety of technologies, from big data to the latest web frameworks. You will get to build state-of-the-art technology that is scalable and robust, utilizing cloud infrastructure, and full automation.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: KEY CHARACTERISTICS
- You will develop full stack applications that are scalable, robust, and thoughtfully designed. You are comfortable with all layers of the stack, from the database to the front-end.
- You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, from design to implementation.
- You will ship production code to a large customer base, and will take full ownership of your work, including testing and deployments.
- You will collaborate with other software engineers, domain experts, and end-users, to build the right solutions that address our business needs. You know how to navigate an organization to find the people and answers you need.
- You know how to make engineering trade-offs and how to communicate them to others. You can prioritize many competing tasks on an aggressive timeline.
- You are passionate about learning - about healthcare as well as technology.
- You are entrepreneurial, business-minded, and are willing to take risks and advocate new ideas
- 2+ years being part of Agile teams - Scrum or Kanban
- 3+ years with object-oriented languages: C, C++, Java, Scala, or other OO compiled language
- 3+ years in Web development frameworks: React, Angular (or other Node.js frameworks), Django, React-native, etc.
- RDBMS knowledge (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) and experience working with large data sets
- You know your way around Linux
- Experience with Git/SVN
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred or the equivalent in education and experience
skills: NICE TO HAVE
- CI/CD experience (Jenkins, Ansible, etc.) and a TDD mindset
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS or other)
- A good eye for UX, with basic knowledge of Bootstrap / Foundation, LESS / SASS / Stylus
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, AJAX, and ability to develop on the front-end without a designer
- Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Teradata)
- Prior healthcare experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.