Sr. Systems Engineer
Looking to join an exciting growth project in our client that is migrating to enterprise class cloud services. Initiative Background - Network as a Service (NaaS) Project
The NaaS Project is a foundational next generation network infrastructure and services initiative which revolves around the planning, design and build of connectivity services using a Network as a Service (NaaS) delivery model along with a "site equipment light footprint" SDWAN (software defined WAN) architecture. Scope includes development, award and delivery management of an RFI/RFP for the design/build services and ongoing operation. Initiative Background - Office 365 (Preparation and Migration Project)
The Office 365 Project is a companywide mitigation and migration of legacy infrastructure services and a deployment of next gen desktop tools and services. This includes active directory domain consolidation (migration from legacy domains to a single domain), storage rationalization & consolidation, eDiscovery platform selection and implementation, encryption client (Intune) deployment, data retention policy implementation, SharePoint rationalization & consolidation, migration to and deployment of Office 365 services Initiative Background - Identity Management Services Project
The Identity Management Services Project is tasked with: establishing a cloud based single directory for user identities, implementation of a single policy for user access management implement of two-factor authentication and user friendly identity management tools as well as integrating with all in scope identity consumer systems and services.
location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
The Transformation System Engineer is responsible for the design development and build of our client's technology core services; this includes:
- All technology infrastructure plan and build functions across the enterprise
- Delivery of Level 3 Support Services for Networking, Information Security, Servers, Storage, Desktop and Mobile.
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise (Research, Development, Discovery and Feasibility, Scheduling, Budgeting and Delivery) for developing RFP's (request for proposals), technical specifications and documentation, vetting vendor statements of work (SOW) and associated deliverables in the areas of:
- Network Engineering
- Microsoft End User Computing/Office 365 and associated
- Serve as the technology advocate and project resource for core/shared service initiatives
- Five years' experience in enterprise infrastructure service development and support
- 5+ years of server and storage engineering experience
- 5 years minimum experience administering WinTel environments.
- In-depth knowledge of storage networking standards, protocols, security, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Experience with storage systems
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and routing including 5+ years' experience with LAN/WAN environments
- Solid understanding of managing physical and virtual servers in a datacenter
- Solid understanding of the Win/Tel server environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows infrastructure such as AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of standard business software (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Microsoft Visio is a plus
- Network systems design and maintenance - 8 years or more
- NYC metro Communications Market Experience
- 3 years' experience in Service delivery / Infrastructure Network & Data Center
- CCNA and advanced Cisco certifications preferred
- MCSE, or other Microsoft certifications
- Must be comfortable with quickly/with minimal guidance, navigating organization, getting answers and generating the deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, excellent troubleshooting, communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to assess problems and research solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication and leadership skills
- Advanced, hands-on and demonstrated knowledge of noted technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.