Randstad Technologies is seeking a Full Stack Developer for an opportunity in Kansas City, Missouri.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work closely with business analysts to define, estimate, and design solutions for complex software development projects
- Lead development teams in implementing new software products. Develop enhancements to existing products
- Identify risks and issues during projects and communicate them to leadership appropriately
- Work cross-team to introduce new technology and refine our development standards and processes.
- Mentor and guide junior level engineers, performing code reviews and pair programming.
- Write quality code that integrates with our existing systems. Help ensure junior developers do the same.
- Deliver and promote software development best practices such as test driven design, continuous integration and continuous integration.
- Maintain the integrity of application architecture.
- Continually improve and refactor legacy components to evolve into our modern target architecture
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Participate in the scrum development process. Contribute to stand ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectivesDevOps experience and mentality - you will be deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting the code that you write
- 5-7+ years software engineering experience
- Proven experience creating RESTful services and APIs using Node.js and XML or JSON that are low latency, high-availability, and secure
- Strong experience with OO design, design patterns and SOLID Principles
- In-depth experience with relational database technology including schema design, stored procedure development and SQL queries. SQL Server preferred.
- Proficient with Git, or comparable distributed version control system. Experience working on large-scale open source or inner source software development projects is a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD utilizing Jenkins and Octopus a plus
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in test and/or behavior driven development
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.