The Project Lead will work with stakeholders and development teams at the Department of Health and Human Services
The Project Lead is responsible for supporting the systems provided by eRA to NIH and its partner agencies who utilize NIH's grants management services and solutions. The Project Lead supports multiple projects concurrently and is heavily involved in understanding the business processes of NIH and our partner agencies by managing the delivery of services and ensuring that NIH provides effective tools, solutions and services for managing their grant portfolios. The Project Lead oversees complex and cross-cutting development initiatives in the context of a highly integrated portfolio of products that requires leadership, collaboration, and a strong understanding of best practices for software development.
location: Bethesda, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Establish strategic direction and objectives for cross-cutting initiatives and projects that span enterprise modules and services
- Incorporate industry best Agile practices into daily team activities
- Provide leadership and coordinate the development teams through the entire development lifecycle to ensure business needs are properly implemented and satisfy the business processes defined for the project/initiative
- Serve as facilitator between stakeholders and multiple development teams to achieve objectives and ensure satisfaction of stakeholders.
- Provide project planning and oversight to support agile development processes including requirements review, grooming and road-map planning sessions in coordination with team leads and product owners.
- Manage and prioritize the stakeholder requirements to effectively manage scope in collaboration with stakeholders, development teams, product owners and eRA management.
- Support stakeholders and the development teams in the planning and delivery of user acceptance testing and training and final delivery of new functionality.
- Support the development of mid-range plans for delivery of new functionality
- Develop a strong understanding of the business being supported.
- Facilitate meetings and communicate with stakeholders and development teams for establishing delivery schedules, gathering requirements, obtaining user feedback, testing new functionality and final delivery of functionality and services.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience managing IT projects through the full SDLC
- Proven in-depth, hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum/Lean software development methods
- A strong background and understanding of product development, quality control, and product readiness
- High level understanding of software systems and architecture
- Excellent technical team leadership skill and a passion for quality
- Experience in using issue management systems such as Jira and Confluence 7104 SAUNDERS CT BETHESDA MD 20817 Highrise Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills;
- Ability to lead multiple groups, direct project & status meetings
- Core understanding of application and database technologies to support system design, development and implementation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
skills: Preferred Skills:
- Certifications in project management (PMP, CAPM) and/or agile disciplines (PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, CSPO)
- Knowledge of Grants Management and Health Care related support activities, processes, and regulations is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.