The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing comprehensive tools, API's and code frameworks to aid the Software Quality Assurance Central Advisory Group (SQACAG) in software automation development efforts.
S/he participates in and guides the design, development, testing, implementation, and on-going support and maintenance of new and existing applications and systems from a Quality Assurance Automation perspective and often orchestrates a comprehensive system test simulation with other groups and testing resources.
The SDET works in collaboration with the business owners, stakeholders, user community, vendors, and IS to align his/her efforts with enterprise or large organization strategic and operational goals and initiatives. S/he is a rare resource that can bring the most complex problems to resolution by applying the appropriate Automation and Simulation Solutions. S/he proposes, manages, maintains, and enforces Code Development as well as Quality Assurance best practices, workflows and Automation test frameworks relating to these systems and applications.
location: Somerville, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Candidate must have very strong Object Oriented Software Development skills, creative problem solving skills and a very strong work ethic and be passionate about software automation. Candidate will be responsible for Architecting/developing/maintaining a comprehensive automation infrastructure from the ground up that will ensure ease of maintenance, rapid automation development of test cases, and efficient reporting of results and analysis. Duties include working closely and collaborating with Development, Network Engineering, Systems programming and internal performance testing groups in understanding and defining automation test requirements and the roll out of the test automation system.
Responsibilities include developing guidelines, documentation, and training as well as contributing to the test effort by executing, analyzing and reporting on test results to various degrees of involvement on a per project basis.
Develops test API's and code framework utilities and automated regression tools, test Infrastructure strategies and solutions that comply with our internal standards and strategic directions. Perform Training on Corporate QA Automated Tool set, reporting, and documentation best practices and enforcing appropriate coding standards including commenting, documentation and configuration management
Collaborates on and reviews Requirements, Architecture, Planning, Design, Test and Deployment Documentation and Leads Software Quality Assurance Automation creation and enhancements to existing libraries for continual increased automated regression test coverage. Additionally prepares written materials and reports for use in presentations, meetings, etc. May present to groups of all sizes within IS, the user community, or other groups.
Stays current with industry trends as they relate to job responsibilities; able to incorporate impact of industry trends into how systems are designed, tested, implemented, and supported
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other technical degree, Graduate degree preferred.
- 8+ years of software development experience building software products, web sites or other tools in a .NET/C# environment.
- Proficient in C# features such as Generics, LINQ, Delegates, etc.
- Experience with Design Patterns and OOP methodologies.
- Experience in developing and testing Functional API's.
- Experience developing automated UI testcases with .Net and Visual Studio's CodedUI test framework. Alternatively experience with Ranorex also acceptable.
- Experience creating, analyzing and debugging Unit and functional integration tests using .Net and C#.
- Experience in developing and testing Web Services or other SOA related architectures.
- Strong knowledge of Web Development, Client-Server Development, Component-based development, Interoperability, and Database development.
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, MySQL, and MS-SQL Server.
- Experience with WinForms development or WPF/MVVM a plus.
- Experience with Java a plus.
- Exposure to Cache database (Mumps) and associated BI tools such as DeepSee and Diver a plus.
- Comfortable working in a virtual test lab environment with VMWare and Citrix technologies
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and PC networking
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks with an appreciation for critical paths and can coordinate and complete multiple complex tasks to completion independently
- Familiarity with industry standard Test case, Traceability, automation tracking tools such as HP Quality Center or Microsoft TFS and Issue tracking systems such as JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Familiarity with Load and Performance tools such as Loadrunner and Vantage as well as automation tools such as QTP.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.