Our client has an immediate need for a Software Engineer on a contract to hire basis.
location: Cincinnati, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Assist in the assessment and direction of technology to meet business strategy
- Assist in the assessment of vendor solutions and recommendations for use
- Assist in the maintenance and rewrite of various web services or components
- Analyze, design, and develop enhancements and bug fixes for the applications and integrations
- Manage builds, branching, and other aspects of source code control, implementing or utilizing Dev Ops strategies. Participates in release planning and deployments.
- Design, develop, test, debug, maintain, and document system components
- Performance maintenance and problem resolution on software application. May require after-hours support.
- Contributes to the development of project plans and timelines
- Provide alternative solutions and technical expertise
- Collaborate effectively with customers, project team members, and other IT groups on development of technical requirements, design, and testing of application or integrations
- Advise manager of risks, issues, and concerns
- Attend project meetings and/or team meetings
- Learn new software tools and skills as needed and provide recommendations on how to incorporate as applicable
- Understanding of Object-oriented design and development
- Adheres to standards for software development with emphasis on test driven development and quality of software
- Experience with SOA, Web Services and integration
- Experience balancing and prioritizing multiple projects to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Experience with database design and modeling.
- Experience leading and participating in code reviews
- Code will be thoroughly commented and documented
- Follow the established standards, patterns, and processes
- Participate in team planning activities using either Agile or Waterfall project management
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Languages: (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
- C#/.NET FRAMEWORK
- Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server (Stored Procedures, SSIS) a plus
- IDE: Eclipse or IDEA, Visual Studio a plus
- Web/Application Servers: Apache, WebLogic, Tomcat
- Frameworks: Spring, Angular, React, or other similar frameworks
- Experience with source code versioning and change management practices utilizing Git or TFS
- Familiarity with Microservice architecture a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.