looking for junior to mid-level UX practitioners to join our team. Since we formed in 2018, we've had an excellent reception and the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including new products and features in healthcare for a global audience, analytics, and database management.
This year, we continue to build the UX practice, creating a design framework, and continuing to work on a wide variety of projects across healthcare, database management and other domains. We're an experienced and highly collaborative team and the work we are doing presents daily opportunities for learning and for delivering value.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
You will be helping us to:
- Improve the user experience across a variety of products and platforms.
- Work with product teams to provide user research, design, and design facilitation.
- Develop a design framework - a system to codify design decisions and organize best practices.
- Develop and employ personas across a wide-ranging variety of roles.
- Create a UX process that helps the product organization move more quickly with less risk.
- Work collaboratively to translate business requirements, user goals and creative strategy into engaging experiences.
- Participate in discovery
- Observe, conduct and analyze qualitative and quantitative user research, such as focus groups, interviews and surveys.
- Perform heuristic evaluation and task analysis.
- Create and refine content inventories, user scenarios, personas, site maps, wireframes and other specifications.
- Develop interactive prototypes.
- Prepare and conduct usability tests.
- Present findings and recommendations from user research and usability tests.
- Work effectively with product managers and developers to actualize the user designs.
- 2-5 years in the user experience field, as a user experience designer (UXD), interaction designer (IxD), information architect, or similar.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with on-time delivery.
- Proficiency with industry-standard software for diagramming and prototyping.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Ability to articulate and present ideas based on sound user experience and interaction design principles.
- Strong storytelling, verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative approach to UX.
- Experience with Mobile UX
- Experience working on healthcare projects.
Education & Training:
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Digital Media, Communication Design or related field.
- A portfolio of work that illustrates your approach and results.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.