Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Business Intelligence SME to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Aurora, CO area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Aurora, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $51.37 - 57.79 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Develop appropriate test cases for testing within Business Intelligence program, for an integrated set of Data Marts.
- Expect knowledgebase to grow over time enabling tester to make decisions about the right set of test cases for the project/effort. Also expect tester to understand how information will be used which will inform what needs to be tested.
- Lead testing efforts, and discussions.
- Experience defining, documenting and executing on a testing strategy.
- Execute test cases (including regression suite), provide daily test summary during testing cycle and Collaborative with all members of the team.
- Prepared to work in a face paced, iterative environment.
- Participate in design sessions with ETL developer, report developer, modeler and BA.
- Education: High School Required
- 4-6 years' experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to build test scripts as well as execute test scripts; 75% of time will be spent here.
- Ability to test out the rules
- Have the eye of a developer
- Be familiar with Data, programming and apply the concept to testing of the program
- Ability to build test scripts from business requirements.
- Ability to solve problems that aid our business
- Ability to build queries that are sustainable and repeatable.
- Ability to test against acceptance criteria.
- Experience in automating test scripts.
- Ability to keep our automated regression suite up to date as we add features to current products or as we work on new products.
- Ability to drive, engage and guide business in User Acceptance Testing efforts.
- 3+ year of experience designing, documenting, and executing test cases.
- 3+ years experience in development and support of Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and/or reporting solutions. Knowledge of data quality, data profiling, and dimensional modeling concepts.
- 3+ years experience writing complex data analysis SQL queries against relational data warehouses.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to examine challenges from both an ETL, report and testing viewpoints required.
- Must have excellent oral/written communications, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience using ETL tools, preferably Informatica
- Healthcare /data knowledge
- Must remain current on new test automation tools and methodologies and communicate trends and opportunities to management as appropriate
- Experience using defect reporting and tracking tools
- Previous experience automating test cases in Python or complex SQL.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.