Sr. Java Engineer / QA Analyst
Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Java Engineer / QA Analyst for a 6+ month contract opportunity located in Austin, TX.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for analysis, design, development, unit testing, and integration testing for existing or new business requirements using state of the art technologies, including production support.
- Develop and execute test cases for testing including white/gray box testing based on company standards
- Report and track defects
- Test activities related to SDLC, UAT, and Production Support
- Participate in project meetings and status reporting
- Maintain data for M&A metrics
- Provide technical help on complex testing requiring SQL and utilities
- Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
Education Required : Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
Education Preferred : Master's degree in Computer Science or engineering field preferred
Skills / Knowledge Required:
Skills / Knowledge Preferred:
- 3+ yrs experience in software development and testing (QA) in enterprise applications and web based applications
- 5+ yrs experience in software development and testing (QA) in enterprise applications and web based applications
Abilities : Ability to work on projects that cross functional areas with minimal supervision; ability to interact courteously and effectively with a variety of people; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; ability to work as a team member, as well as independently; desire to take on and master new skills and project areas; display attention to detail; and utilize imagination and resourcefulness in problem solving.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.