Our Client is seeking a handful of Full Stack Java Developers for a TWO YEAR, high priority, project in Austin, Texas.
You will join a team that works with a challenging mixture of modernized and legacy technologies. You will guarantee our software meets critical security requirements, provides a smooth user experience and is rugged in production. Our SQA and DEV teams work closely together in an atmosphere of cooperation and camaraderie. Our Client develops and supports a myriad of applications that allow our clients to provide sites to hundreds of business customers. Security is critical to everything we do. We will rely heavily on your security, penetration and even ethical hacking skills to ensure that our applications are as secure as possible. As a valued member of our team, you will be encouraged to research new technologies and look for ways to improve the things we do.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Work on an agile team to research, design, develop and test enhancements to electronic financial/banking solutions
- Design and implement highly performing and highly scalable production ready code and provide detailed feedback in design and code reviews
- Analyze user requirements based on input from technical services and support team, and propose potential design solutions
- Develop level-of-effort estimates for enhancements and new features
- Work along closely with QA engineers to improve and maintain software quality
- Work with other team members to develop a complete and integrated solution; and deliver quality software and required documentation on time
- Understand and comply with development standards to ensure consistency across the larger development team
qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- Full Stack Developer
- Java software development experience
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming, Service Oriented Architecture, Distributed Systems.
- Integration experience at an Enterprise level
- Minimum Associates Degree in CIS, MIS or related discipline
skills: - Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem solving, critical thinking, ability to learn faster, effective communication skills & team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and efficiently.
- Prior experience performing with Agile/SCRUM/XP methodology
- Supervisory/Management experience required - none
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.