Sr. DW Engineer
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. DW Engineer to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Renton, WA area.
The Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer is a member of the Informatics EDW group which builds and supports the Enterprise Data Warehouse to deliver strategic business value to the organization. The Sr. DW Engineer will collaborate with product owners to plan and define requirements, and then with the implementation team to design, develop, test and maintain a high performance data warehouse environment. The DW architecture delivers BI capabilities including pre-defined, ad-hoc, dynamic reporting, OLAP analysis, and dashboards as well as data sharing interfaces with other systems. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Renton, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $74.79 - 84.14 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Design, develop, test, and support the data warehouse solution.
- Adapt best practices and industry standards to the the company's Foundation Health Plan of Washington environment, ensuring top quality deliverables and playing an integral role in cross-functional system integration.
- As a lead member in an Agile team environment, assist and deliver EDW/BI business value as defined by a Product Owner, by providing high quality and performant EDW/BI solutions.
- Know the business value of your work and ensure team success in meeting sprint commitments; be flexible, show initiative and develop additional skill sets to improve team capabilities and throughput.
- Lead and mentor other team members in DW best practices and development processes.
- Minimum ten (10) or more years of information systems experience in a data warehouse/business intelligence, measurement or application development environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in two or more of the following: data analysis; requirements gathering; data modeling; ETL; ELT, quality assurance; testing of DW systems; BI reporting.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing measurement, business intelligence, and data warehousing solutions.
- Experience with ETL and ELT.
- Experience with quality assurance and testing in a relational database environment.
- Experience in the implementation of end user analytical toolsets.
- Experience working in an agile development methodology.
- Experience designing data management processes and standards for metadata management, data architecture, data quality, and data security.
- Hands-on programming and database design skills (primarily SQL and stored procedures).
- Requirements gathering.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent spoken, listening and written communication at various levels of the business.
- Ability to select and apply highly technical and specialized toolsets and quickly to adapt to changes and advances in technology for Data Warehousing (RDBMS, ETL, etc.), OLAP and BI systems.
- Strong data warehouse modeling expertise (i.e. integrated model, and star/snowflake schema data model).
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse (BIDW) data modelling best practices.
skills: Preferred Qualifications:
- Five (5) years of demonstrated success in multidisciplinary roles in complex data warehouse, business intelligence or measurement projects.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated knowledge of Agile DW/BI development practices.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer sciences, mathematics, business administration, MIS, health care or public administration.
- Utilizing Agile methodologies for DW/BI solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.