job summary: Objective:
Manage IT projects that are moderately complex within an Agile environment
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 48 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Functional Responsibilities
: Specific responsibilities for the position include:
Scope/Supervision and Interaction
- Manage the successful delivery of project solutions to our business customers, by leading the project team and supporting the IT and Business Executives.
- Manage the deliverables, processes, and artifacts to ensure adherence to Enterprise Project Governance such as Investment Framework, Estimation, Purchasing, Portfolio & Resource Management, Planning, Scheduling, Execution, Development Methodologies, Risk Management, Quality & Process Control, Change Management, Project Completion/Closeout, Status Reports, Presentations, Training Plans and Transition to Operations.
- Manage Stakeholders expectations. Facilitate scope definition. Drive project team and Executives to make decisions in a timely manner in order to deliver project as to agreed schedule and within budget.
- Accountable for active facilitation of issue resolution, risk mitigation, change management and process definition where there might be ambiguity.
- Facilitate Estimation and Planning sessions. Bring in SME's when appropriate.
- Create and manage overall project plan, issue and risk mitigation. Working with the Development and QA manager, create the plan utilizing iterative development (Agile).
- Understand the importance and ensure project team dedication to data integrity within the project, resource & development tool sets to track project and provide reporting. Working with team and SME's, ensure tool alignment to methodology and develop operational efficiencies utilizing the tool sets.
- Manage effective communication within the team by being respectful, treating individuals reasonably, building productive working relationships, and engaging people in participative planning and problem solving.
- 'Manage Up', and deliver results to Organizational Manager as well as IT Project Executive. Exhibit behavior of anticipating needs of Management and of the team and owning the deliverable through execution.
- Be conscious of team behavior and contribute constructive feedback to line managers for annual Performance Evaluations.
- Manages project team(s), depending on the projects assigned.
- Directly responsible to VP in charge of IT project.
- Directly responsible to Organizational Manager and may have assigned responsibilities and deliverables from Manager which are not related to assigned project.
- Promotes interaction within the project team, including IT, Business Executives and End Users plus other departments or organizations in order to execute project.
Interaction with external vendors, consultants (on and off shore
Minimum education and work experience required for position includes:
- 5-8 years project and software development lifecycle experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- BS or BA degree, preferably in technology/business or equivalent.
- PMP certification preferred or acceptance from PMI to attain PMP
- Agile/SCRUM certifications
- Solid and demonstrated understanding of the Project Lifecycle and its inherent responsibilities such as estimation, funding, development, QA, budget responsibilities, risk mitigation and project metrics. Proven ability and reputation to lead a project team from concept to completion within agreed schedule and budget.
- Customer Focus in delivering solutions. Ability to manage Stakeholder expectations.
- Previous and demonstrated experience with Software Development methodologies (RUP, Agile) within a project context.
- Knowledge and practical experience with project estimation methodologies.
- Basic understanding of project financials.
- Proven ability to multi-task and 'manage up' in a complex environment. Deliver results with changing priorities and ad hoc deliverables within tight timeframes utilizing individual contributions and within a team concept.
- Ability to understand the importance of following Governance processes; capturing and maintaining updated metrics for reporting within a project, resource and development tools. Ability to create, analyze and present comprehensive commentary on project metrics.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills. Ability to present project status to various levels of personnel. Solid use of Microsoft Office applications to enhance project deliverables and attain results.
- Strong & proven positive leadership skills in words, actions, results. Lead and embrace change and operational efficiencies within the position and project team context.
- Ability to follow and execute directives of Manager(s); anticipating the needs of the manager and of the team. Provide solutions; own and execute.
- Ability to facilitate and negotiate interpersonal or inter-team conflict sessions.
- Ability to proactively create clarity where ambiguity exits.
- Conscientious of team behavior and ability to contribute constructive feedback to Organizational managers for annual Performance Evaluations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.