- Participate in the design, definition, planning, development, and implementation of and projects conforming to company Software Development Best Practices.
- Function as a hands-on member of the ODMS team designing, documenting, developing, deploying, and maintaining applications.
- Work closely with business partners and other co-aligned projects to ensure alignment and adherence to the expected project requirements and deliverables.
- Adherence to SAFe Agile delivery principles.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Experience in Informatica Toolset is must. Ex: Power Center Designer, Power Exchange, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Create and maintain source to target mapping specifications, detailing integration and transformation logic, using applicable standards.
- Create ETL mappings using Informatica tools to extracts, transform, and load data as per specifications.
- Experience with various tools such as BTEQ, MLOAD, FASTLOAD, FAST EXPORT, TPT etc. in large Data Warehouse environments is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle 11g, Oracle Tools such SQL Loader, External Tables and Stored Procedures and ProC programs.
- Experience in UNIX systems, writing Shell Scripts that control Job Execution. Good understanding and experience in UNIX Operating System Commands and File System management.
- Perform peer document reviews and code reviews to ensure adherence to user requirements as well as applicable standards and conventions.
- Perform required testing of developed procedures and mappings.
- Strong Database skills, experience in writing queries, Data Mining experience, and exposure to ETL development are preferred.
- Perform peer document reviews and code reviews to ensure adherence to user requirements as well as applicable standards and conventions. Perform required testing of developed procedures and mappings. Strong Database skills, experience in writing queries, Data Mining experience, and exposure to ETL development are preferred
- Coordinate with other teams for internal requests (data updates, security issues, etc.)
- Conducts admin work required in a comprehensive manner consistent with our best practices and standards
- Coordinates with systems analyst and other developers on technical delivery
- Proactively learn ways to improve systems, reducing costs and maximizing opportunities
- The App Development Sr. Specialist role has three major components:
- 7 or more years of experience in the software development methodology life cycle - including business planning, data analysis, process analysis and design, business and functional requirements analysis, use case analysis, system design, development using various tools and techniques, testing, and implementation.
- 7 or more years of IT development experience required.
- 7 or more years of Teradata experience.
- 7 or more years of Informatica development experience.
- 7 years of experience in Teradata and Informatica.
- Deployment tasks for all units across the non-prod environment
- Maintain database performance by identifying, evaluating and resolving production and application development problems.
- Experience with agile or scrum development methodologies
- Experience with ETL tools with multiple databases systems (SQL Server, and Teradata )
- Experience with DevOps
skills: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.