Randstad Technologies is the worlds largest workforce solutions company and we have an immediate need with a global leader in the retail services sector.
This is a contract to hire role with a company that prides itself on innovation, work-life balance and diversity in the workplace. In addition to this being a very visible role, there will be an opportunity to work on cutting edge enterprise security projects. This client is centrally located in the Dallas metro area and ready to move quickly for the right professional. If you fit the description below, please apply and reach out to us today!
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Tier 2 SOC Analyst
The Tier 2 Analyst shall have demonstrated professional experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or cyber forensics, and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field. Your duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyze network traffic and alerts.
- Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits.
- Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident.
- Conduct proactive threat research.
- Perform incident triage.
- Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
- Create a final incident report detailing the events of the incident
- Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information.
qualifications: Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
3-5 years of experience working with various security methodologies and processes; advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocols; experience configuring and optimizing various technical security solutions; extensive experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices; and expert knowledge in two or more of the following areas related to cybersecurity:
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Continuous diagnostics and mitigation
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection
- Access Control and Authorization
- Endpoint Protection
- Application Security
- Protocol Analysis
- Firewall Management
- Incident Response
- Advanced Threat Protection
- Data Loss Prevention
skills: Preferred Certifications: CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CISH), Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), and/or GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.