- Drive end-to-end services and features with an engineering and operational excellence mindset
- Ability to comfortably move across high-level technical design, detailed technical design, implementation, and operational support
- Ability to use seasoned judgment to suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Generate technical documentation to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $68 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 3+ years experience designing and developing web applications
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Expertise with Java/J2EE
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.