Our client, a growing start-up company that is performing extensive analytics in the media industry is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer who can help us build a DevOps culture, with infrastructure automation owned by the whole engineering team.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
They are looking for someone who enjoys substantial autonomy in planning their work, identifying the long term and non-product work goals that needs to be done. You will help evolve the approach to ETL, bring existing infrastructure under source control (terraform and salt.) Future work is likely to include moving to containerized services in place of managing differentiated servers, optimizing use of Elastic MapReduce, and building out the infrastructure.
- Prior hands-on team leadership
- 5+ years experience working directly on DevOps.
- Docker experience a must
- Jenkins, AWS and Ansible or other automation/configuration management tool experience
- Infrastructure as Code
- Scripting at least Shell/Bash but Python or Ruby a plus
- Kubernetes experience preferred
- Experience building and scaling production application infrastructure.
- Experience with continuous deployment in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc.) or another IaaS provider.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.