We are seeking a senior business analyst to provide support to a project PMO that will analyze progress against the project plan, create presentations and dashboards that report on project status, compile, organize and publish meeting minutes. Other related duties include being able to validate requirements to meet the business needs and perform system testing to validate high-level functionality of solutions
location: Quincy, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Specific Requirements:
- Analyze project data to prepare status updates, dashboards and presentations
- Attend meetings, record minutes, action items and publish meeting minutes
- Prepare and maintain weekly project meeting agendas, action items and distribute
- Monitor project risks and issues log to assist with maintaining updated weekly status
- Provides onboarding for new project team members to familiarize with tools, processes, standards and practices
- Provides business analyst support to any project team that needs temporary assistance
- Solicits and identifies vision objectives and requirements for change
- Establishes rules, validations, decision points for all the steps in a process
- Analyze business data and how the values relate to the business process
- Identifies gaps in business requirements
- Documents detailed business requirements in a traceable, testable verifiable format
- Document business requirements and functional specifications in a clear, concise manner and does not leave room for different interpretations
- Produces work products, as appropriate, including business requirements documentation, functional specifications, workflows, use cases, business rules, process flows, data flows, test cases, and training materials.
- Supports Development test strategy definition, test requirements definition, development of test scenarios, and execution of test phases.
- Identifies work breakdown structures for required tasks to reach milestones: problem analysis; requirements definition; business case formulation; project scoping and definition and finally translating all that into a set of solution options and sound technical requirements.
- Conducts requirements gathering by leveraging meetings, such as interviews, requirements workshops, use cases, and scenarios.
- Defines report specifications
- Provides recommendations and specifications to refine business processes, as needed, to achieve a positive impact.
- Perform due diligence & quality assurance on services being provided by Security Solutions to ensure adherence to process and consistency of output for operational standards using the IT Security checklist to ensure security controls are used.
- Assumes team lead role as required on projects or in support of a business unit.
- Performs other tasks, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Eight or more years of direct work experience as a Business Analyst.
- Subject matter or domain experience working in related industries.
- Demonstrated track record of success with IT projects that meet business requirements and customer expectations.
- Experience with business process modeling.
- Proficient at problem identification and resolution, and defining and managing business requirements.
- Experience in producing various work products throughout the analysis, design, and test phases of a project.
- Experience developing and validating test requirements and scenarios.
- Knowledge and application of industry standard Project Management principles delivered using various systems development life cycles.
- Subject matter expertise in the customer business area.
- Ability and motivation to learn.
- Ability to define, manage, and exceed business customer expectations.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both orally and in writing) with various project stakeholders, including IT leadership, business customers, team members, and other IT colleagues.
- Strong meeting management and negotiation skills.
skills: Eight or more years of direct work experience as a Business Analyst.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.