We are seeking a business analyst that will support the Financial Project Team of the Atlas Program as we transition from a mainframe operational system to a commercial off the shelf product. The business analyst will help develop process flows and procedures documents, document new requirements to improve the business process with client business partners
location: Quincy, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Elicit requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, use cases, scenarios etc.
- Document the detailed business requirements in a traceable, testable and verifiable format, providing recommendations and specifications to refine the business processes as needed to achieve a positive impact to the solution
- Produce work products as appropriate including Business Requirements Documentation, Functional Specifications, workflows, use cases, business rules, process flow, data flow, test cases, training materials, etc.
- Support test strategy definition, test requirements definition, development of test scenarios, and execution of test phases
- Effectively communicate project status, issues, schedule and accomplishments to various management and stakeholder groups, as needed
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives across the enterprise.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to advise customers on business priorities, options, risks, and costs, and ensure solutions meet the needs of the business
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Proficient at problem identification and resolution, defining and managing business requirements
- Experience in producing various work products throughout the analysis and design phases of a project
- Knowledge and application of industry standard project management principles delivered using various systems development life cycles, including Agile
- Subject matter expertise in the customer business area
- Ability and motivation to learn
- Ability to define, manage, and exceed business customer expectations
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth
- Ability to effectively communicate, formally and informally, both oral and written, with various project stakeholders including, IT leadership, business customers, team members, and other IT colleagues
- Strong meeting management and negotiation skills
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+years direct work experience as a business analyst with BA certification desirable.
- Subject matter or domain experience working in related industries
- Demonstrated track record of success at IT projects that meet business requirements and customer expectations
- Experience in producing various work products throughout the analysis, design, and test phases of a project
- Experience with business process modeling.
- Experience with prototyping and Business Process Modeling tools a plus
- Experience as a Business Analyst on Agile project teams
skills: The business analyst's role is to elicit, analyze, specify and validate the business definitions of project stakeholders. Perform testing to validate the high-level functionality of solutions. The position requires flexibility, responsiveness, creativity and innovative thinking.
We are looking for a Business Analyst that has experience working with payment processing across multiple channels including credit and debit card processing, eCheck processing along with detailed knowledge of reconciling the source application with the receiving bank statement reporting.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.