This position serves as the primary IT engineer, planning, coordinating and delivering essential IT services for multiple business locations. It also provides on-site and remote technical assistance for break/fix, maintenance and project-related activities. For each assigned location, installs servers, routers, and other networked devices. Serves as the primary liaison between IT and management of each assigned business location to ensure IT services are properly coordinated and provided. Travel as needed up to 90% of the time to business locations. Provides "2nd level" technical support for end-users.
location: Cincinnati, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
1.Manage Sales Office Start-ups and Shut-Downs
Coordinate, plan and ensure timely and proper execution of all IT-related tasks required for the start-up or shut-down of sales office locations.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the delivery of essential IT services and IT equipment for each sales office. Make daily decisions that affect the successful opening and closing of remote offices
- Setup individual secure networks in each model home and recommend changes based upon the individual model home, type of connectivity and equipment available.
- As necessary, perform on-site and remote support activities to ensure all IT components, equipment and services are operational and working properly.
- Coordinate with our partners for troubleshooting and network monitoring requests
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure pickup and retrieval of IT equipment upon the closing of a sales office
2.End User Break/Fix and Maintenance Support
Provide day-to-day direct end user support.
- Support the resolution of open IT Help Desk end user issues and requests for users at assigned business locations. As needed, assist in resolving issues for users not based at assigned business locations. Provide over the phone support to users as needed.
- Execute scheduled maintenance activities, leased equipment replacements and new equipment deployments for assigned business locations.
- Follow established procedures of procurement within authority.
- Provide on-site technical assistance in support of IT initiatives and projects as needed.
- Ability to use advanced communication skills and remote tools to remotely troubleshoot issues with customer over the phone.
3.Support Business Office Start-ups and Shut-Downs
Assist in the coordination and planning of all IT-related tasks required for the start-up or shut-down of business office locations (includes plants).
- Plan and coordinate the delivery of essential IT services and IT equipment
- As necessary, perform on-site installation and verification/validation activities to ensure all IT components, equipment and services are properly installed and operational.
- Document and update databases daily with up to date information from the location's leadership.
4.Support End User Technical Efforts
Support technical efforts that impact end user computing devices.
- Support efforts impacting end user systems, such as changes to workstations or remote file servers.
- Build collaboration with other technical areas as well as end user representatives to share direction and adjust as requirements and technical challenges arise.
- Proactively test solutions to champion the impact to the end user. Vigorously challenge changes that negatively impact the end user.
- Participate and share technical knowledge to improve solutions.
- Participate in feedback on IT processes and recommend process improvements to IT leadership
5.Business Location Liaison
Meet regularly with management at each business location to:
- Get feedback on current IT services and equipment
- Ensure proper coordination of planned IT support activities including communicating clear status and timeframe for critical activities
- Understand business changes that will require IT support needs in the future
- Perform monthly quality control visits to sales offices to document equipment and seek feedback from customer as to any IT issues or problems
6.Other Duties as Assigned
Perform other duties as assigned based upon department needs and ability.
Ability to adjust work hours as needed (1 st , 2 nd , 3 rd shift)
Participate in the team after hours on-call rotation or weekend coverage based on business needs
- Experience in working with Cisco Routers, Switches and/or Meraki devices
- Possessing certifications or equivalent skills/work experiences of CCNA, Network+, Security+
- Bachelor's or a minimum of 5 years of related IT experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong logistical skills, is able to logistically plan travel in accordance to priorities and travel efficiency.
- Experience using logging tools for ticket management
Required of Candidate:
- Drivers License in good standing.
- Ability to follow IT processes and maintain/update databases
- Strong customer service skills, is able to adjust communication to a non-technical audience
- Strong organizational skills, is able to project plan and document tasks in order to be efficient.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills - Ability to plan short term and long term tasks. Ability to identify and adjust task priorities
- Highly driven, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as contribute to a team environment.
- A driven individual who demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks next steps to problems and increased responsibilities.
- Very good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to interact effectively and manage relationships with peers and establish customer expectations
- Experience working in a matrix organization is beneficial.
- Excellent problem analysis and critical thinking experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.