Incubate creation & develop Utility Service capability including the reusable processes and framework to prototype, pilot and transition utility services to service owners for scaling up and enterprise-wide consumption.
- This highly dynamic and transformational project is incubating Enterprise Shared IT Services similar to and sometimes leveraging services available from public cloud service providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix or Google Cloud.
- This position will be the BSC for one or more of these Utility Services from ideation, design, rapid prototyping, incubation, production pilot and eventually transition of backlog and responsibilities to the go-forward Service Owner team.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Core Job Responsibilities:
- Interact with architects, Service Owners, users, and subject matter experts to understand business needs.
- Document requirements through artifacts such as Use Cases, Use Case Sequence Diagrams, Epics and User Stories.
- Accountable for managing the backlog of User Stories.
- Works extensively with Enterprise Architects and Service Owners to prioritize and obtain approval of User Stories ensuring they are strategically aligned.
- Escalates risks and issues to project scope, objectives, and timelines.
- Collaborate with architects to review business cases, architecture/design documents, and assist with RFP development for new technology, as needed.
- Work with QA testing team to ensure requirement to test traceability. Assists the testing team in test case preparation as needed.
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
10+ years of business systems analysis experience, design experience, or a combination of both
- Jira expert with 3 + years managing Kanban boards and/or Sprint backlogs
- 3 + years of experience writing requirements for Agile design and implementation leveraging Use Cases and User Stories
- 3+ years of Lean/Agile project experience
- Experience working in "around the clock" development environment leveraging overseas architecture and engineering resources
- Process design or improvement experience
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
skills: Desired Qualifications:
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Public or Private Cloud Service experience (such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or IBM Bluemix)
- Familiarity with IT Services, Microservices, API concepts and delivery
- Technical Writing experience, preferably in the banking industry creating Use Cases and User Stories
- Financial industry or other highly regulated environment experience preferred
- Experience visualizing and creating high-level models used for analyzing, extending, and maturing business architecture
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Experience managing rapid prototyping projects with large backlog in a matrixed organization with multitude of stakeholders
- Process modeling skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.