JOB DESCRIPTION Help Desk Technician General Description:
This position serves as the primary contact for technical assistance for end users requiring support of NVR IT applications, services and equipment. Provides "1st level" technical support for end-users, over the phone and through email. Coordinates IT support process to ensure requests are completed in a timely manner and ensure customers are satisfied with support services. Support spans break/fix issues including analysis and repair of connectivity, software and hardware, as well as, access requests, equipment configuration, quality control, software installation and upgrading.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
? Essential Job Functions
- Provide Direct End User Support
- Provides "1st level" technical support for end-users, over the phone and through email.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Advise customers on appropriate action and follow up.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions in Service Desk ticketing system.
- Identify, prioritize and escalate support tickets requiring urgent attention.
- Follow up on reassigned unresolved requests.
2. End User Maintenance Support
- Assist IT support team with hardware and software deployment efforts including installing, upgrading and supporting IT systems.
- Configure hardware including but not limited to workstations and routers.
- Install and configure authorized software.
- Perform quality control of hardware images and software installations.
- Repair hardware such that they can be redeployed.
3. Support End User Technical Efforts
- Support technical efforts that impact end user computing devices.
- Support efforts impacting end user systems, such as changes to workstations or remote file servers.
- Challenge changes that negatively impact the end user.
- Participate and share technical knowledge to improve solutions.
- Provide on-site technical assistance in support of IT initiatives and projects as needed.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field required, Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience. High School Diploma required.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Highly driven, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work late shifts (10AM to 7PM) and weekend shifts.
- At least 1 year of IT experience including supporting, maintaining and repairing PC's, laptops, mobile phones, printers and peripherals.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with file and folder permissions in a network file system (NTFS).
- Experience with help desk technical support team as frontline support technician fielding calls and performing call ticket follow-up.
- Hardware break/fix experience with desktops and laptops.
- Experience installing and supporting Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems and Office 2016 Pro Plus programs.
- Experience working with servers on Microsoft Server 2012 and 2016.
- Relevant certifications: CompTIA A+, Microsoft: MCSA (Windows 10) and MTA.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.