- Develops web applications utilizing a thorough understanding of object oriented programming, available technology, tools and existing designs.
- Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming.
- Works closely with client and IT management and staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform project delivery functions in support of IM's CAC Reporting Program
- Responsible for delivery of medium to high complexity project work
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IM tools and data sources.
- Participate in all sprint planning, daily standups, and sprint review sessions
- Perform sprint demos to get stakeholder agreement that sprint deliverables meet the requirements
- Provide support for technical specifications
- Engage in operational readiness activities to ensure that project "go-live" is stable and successful
- Perform QA Automation functions to ensure project delivery is successful
- Maintain breadth of knowledge on all product types and business processes.
- Communicate analytical findings/gaps/solutions to management and offer solutions to meet gaps.
- Manage the synthesis of large data-sets into meaningful information used to drive action.
- Determine opportunities and identify technical solutions to increase analytical processing efficiency.
- Communicate statuses, good and bad, to partners to keep them informed and engaged in the project, minimizing surprises
- Demonstrate passion for and dedication to anticipating and meeting the expectations and requirements of customers/business partners.
- Ability to work with different groups to close bridges/gaps, problem solve, and develop solutions
- Strong accountability and desire to deliver a quality product on time, communicate statuses, or offer alternatives to meet customer objectives
3+ years' experience with:
-- Object Oriented Design and Development
-- Agile Engineering Practices
Test Driven Development
-- Demonstrated experience working independently with limited direction
-- Demonstrated experience in software development and development lifecycle methodologies
-- Strong communication and problem solving skills
skills: Knowledge of:
-- Design Patterns
-- IIS Configuration
-- TFS or Jenkins
-- Data automation, quality testing and validation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.